Now you can make bakery-style, high top muffins at home. These gorgeous Double
Chocolate Muffins boast a sky-high domed top and a soft cake-like centre that’s
absolutely PACKED with chunks of chocolate.
Seriously, you NEED these in your life.
250g (2 cups) plain flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
30g (1/4) unsweetened cocoa powder
125g caster sugar
250g dark chocolate chips
2 large eggs, beaten
310ml (1 1/4 cup) milk
90g (1/3 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F). Butter muffins tins or line them with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa and sugar into a large bowl, then stir in 2/3rds (165g) of the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl or jug, combine the eggs, milk, and melted butter. Gently stir this mixture into the dry ingredients, taking care not to overmix. Remember: small lumps are fine and dandy.
- Divide the mixture between muffin tins and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.