- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add almond flour, powdered erythritol, and grated lemon rind into a 9-inch springform pan wrapped with tin foil. (see notes)
- Gently whisk butter with the egg and vanilla and add to the pan.
- Blend all ingredients well with a fork. Once blended spread mixture evenly at the bottom of the pan. The back of a small flat bottomed measuring cup works very well.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until just lightly golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature before adding the cheesecake batter.
- In a medium-sized bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer whip cream cheese, vanilla, powdered erythritol, and lemon juice and blend until soft and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time until fully blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl before adding each egg.
- Pour cheesecake filling into your crust.
- Bake at 350F oven for 35-40 minutes or until the cheesecake is set in the center.
- Leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool.
Lemon Curd Topping
- Add eggs, egg yolks, lemon juice, powdered erythritol, and heavy cream into a heat-safe bowl and whisk together.
- Cook on low heat until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. This process can take up to 7-10 minutes. Use a whisk and stir constantly while cooking to avoid burning.
- Once the mixture thickens, add the butter in cubes one at a time and whisk until fully melted.
- Place the lemon curd in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cool in the fridge.
- Pour the lemon curd over the cooled cheesecake and spread evenly.
- Add 4 egg whites to the bottom of a metal or glass bowl.
- Whip until egg whites are light and fluffy, but not fully whipped.
- Add allulose and vanilla to the egg white mixture and blend on high until the meringue forms stiff peaks.
- Dollop the meringue over the top of the lemon curd, or use a piping bag to decorate the top of the cheesecake.
- To toast the meringue use a kitchen torch and slowly move around the meringue until fully toasted.
Nutritions Facts :
5.2g Net carbs